Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Philippians 2:3
It is easy to become consumed with…
- MY ministry needs
- MY volunteers
- MY many hours per week
- MY underappreciated ministry
When “MY” and “I” become the focus, Jesus is not. We would not admit out loud that we think this way. But pay attention to your thoughts and reactions today.
– How many times did you feel under-appreciated?
– How many times did you feel a twinge of jealousy when someone else got recognition?
– Did you feel like no one cared about what you do?
– Did you spend more time thinking about making your ministry great or making Jesus great?
A real leader will first focus on making much of Jesus, and then much of other people. A real leader looks out for the good of the church, or the organization, and not just his or her own feelings.