Today was the first day of Winshape Camp at West Bradenton. I have heard great things about these camps, but this is my first experience with them. Today was a great start and I am super impressed with what we’ve seen so far.
Here are the basics. I’ll follow up with a further review after the week is over.
- Bottom line, Winshape brings camp to you. It is a day camp that you host in your community.
- They bring in the staff, the equipment, the stuff, and the plan.
- You provide the place, 1 volunteer/10 kids, and some money.
- It is an all day, complete day camp. Kids are on campus from 7:45 am – 5:00 pm and they are super busy the whole time!
- Kids experience high energy fun worship, relevant teaching, fun skills tracks (gymnastics, sports, archery, science, etc…) and recreation experiences.
- The staff consists of highly energetic, highly relational college students that do such a great job connecting with the kids and becoming role models for them.
I can’t wait to see what the rest of the week holds and I’ll share more about it. :)